Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Final Crisis Novel

Normally I wouldn't talk about what happened in the novelization of a DC comic, but the Final Crisis one is worth mentioning.

When I originally read the comic, I was stunned by the art but not at all by the story line. It had some good moments contained in it but nothing that was really worth the hardback edition that I had bought. Well, that is except for the Brainiac Five images when he was talking to Superman. I would love to see more of Brainiac Five in that art style.

But anyway, I recently went to Books-A-Millons and bought a copy of Final Crisis the novel. It makes more sense then the actually comic does. Maybe that is because its a book and the writer can spend more time talking about things. I can't say how much I hated the Japanese superhero's name. 'Most Excellent Superbat'? Ugh.

But that wasn't the great part of the book. During the scene were Clark is with Lois in the hospital, I was expecting the female Monitor lady to come and take Superman on his fantastic journey through time and space. But I was not expecting Brainiac Five to appear and tell Clark that he was needed in the future.

I was surprised and happy that it was Brainiac Five who appeared instead of the female monitor. It made perfect sense, considering the scene later in the book. Brainiac Five appears and heals Lois with a bit of the 'Bleed' that he managed to gather. I was so happy to see him. Then he takes Superman off to the Future.

The book was worth it for that. I give the book a B rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment